Robyn and Joel's Blog: Chronicling our Copenhagen Adventures

Yes, we're that interesting.


Sunday, October 14, 2007

Copenhagen! Are you ready for some football?!?

So I initially had planned to do a bit of solitary blogging this evening. Robyn is traveling, which means that I get to control the blog for a few days. I have a few reasonably amusing anecdotes to relate (teaser: one involves a petite Danish woman demonstrating her ability to hock loogies like a 300lb construction worker right at my feet). However, I was just doing a bit of mindless channel surfing--flipping through channel after channel of the strained gurgling and choking that passes for the Danish language whilst waiting for literary inspiration to hit--when, all of the sudden, I stumbled upon the Cowboys-Patriots game! It's just started. Woo-hoo!

The announcers are of course calling the game in Danish. And the garish set they keep coming back to during TV timeouts looks like it was designed and slapped together by a high school drama department. But it's the Cowboys, baby! No complaints from me.

...and the Patriots just scored on their first possession: Brady to Moss.

Not a good start.

No comments:

Contributors