Robyn and Joel's Blog: Chronicling our Copenhagen Adventures

Yes, we're that interesting.


Saturday, April 12, 2008

He Lives!

He lives indeed!
Okay, well, I realize Easter was several weeks ago, but I am just now finding the time to blog. March was a busy month!

Holy Week and Easter was a wonderful time, in part because my parents were in town (see previous post). It was great to have them visit. I feel bad because my poor mother froze the entire time – we had a cold snap (it snowed 5 of the 9 days there were in town)

and she literally had to wear two pair of pants to keep warm while sightseeing! I loved having my parents around: it allowed me to slink back to that peaceful place of childhood… you know… you don’t have to be the one responsible for everything (doing the dishes, making sure the door is locked at night…). This is me and Mom cooking in our PJs!

And, yet, I was very proud to take them to our church, my office,



and show them were we shop. In other words, show them how “adult” I can be… when I have to be. It was great to sightsee with them and then to just hang out in the evening. It was especially good to see my father so relaxed… it’s a new picture of him that I am still getting used to but one that I love.

We had a wonderful time celebrating Easter with my parents and two families from church. My mom made our traditional (and favorite) Easter food (the ham and ambrosia were my favorite). Rebekah made her famous mashed potatoes and yeast rolls and Melanie brought fabulous green beans and the most beautiful white tulips I’d ever seen!

Here are a few pictures from Easter... in our pretty Easter clothes!






No, Joel and I don't always color coordinate... good minds just think alike :)




Me, Rebekah, Mom, and Melanie at Easter Lunch.


Enjoying Easter Lunch.


My parents left early Easter Monday morning and insisted that we not take them to the airport… which I think they now regret. I later found out that the bus to take them to the metro was off schedule. They decided to walk to the metro stop (while dragging their luggage!), and while walking, their bus passed them! Oh well. They made it home. It was sad to see them go… it is always hard when our guests leave. It is a reminder of how far we are. Most of the time I don’t really feel it; email and our internet phone keep us connected. But, I am feeling homesick and seeing my parents intensified those feelings. I guess I would rather feel sad when they left. It is a nice reminder of how special my parents are to me. Here are a few more pictures to enjoy!

Sightseeing in Nyhavn.

Mom in front of the Marble Church.

Dad's favorite Danish food... apparently the hotdogs are preferred over the herring...


This is a picture of Mom in front of the Gringo's Mexican restaurant in Roskilde, Denmark!


Mom and the Little Mermaid... and yes, she is that little!


Sightseeing in the Latin Quarter.




Walking in the snow in Roskilde. It always snowed...




No comments:

Contributors