Robyn and Joel's Blog: Chronicling our Copenhagen Adventures

Yes, we're that interesting.


Monday, September 29, 2008

Are you ready for some football?

Now that it is autumn, it is time for FOOTBALL! We don’t get much football here… American football, that is. We now have a Sunday ritual that helps us get our football fix: nearly every Sunday after we return from church and have lunch, we crawl into bed and watch the ESPN college football highlights on our computer (I usually fall asleep before the highlights are over, but isn’t that what you are supposed to do… fall asleep watching football?). Later in the evening our local Danish television channel airs two pro-football games.


And we often get to watch the Dallas Cowboys!!!


We love to watch, in part, because the Danish commentators are hilarious. And, because they have to “fill” all the time normally used for commercials, we get to see the commentators a lot.


And, just in case you were wondering, yes, they eat (and occasionally choke) on the popcorn!



As I watch the football game and realize I now understand a bit more of the commentators’ dialogue, I recall the joy I had when we discovered the football program last year – a little something to ease my homesick heart. But, now, a year later, I don’t feel joy as much as I feel comfort – our old friends are back. And, I don’t need them to remind me of what I am missing at home… they now remind me that I am home. Great to see you guys! Enjoy the popcorn.

No comments:

Contributors