Robyn and Joel's Blog: Chronicling our Copenhagen Adventures

Yes, we're that interesting.


Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Catching up!

Wow... it has been a long time since I blogged last... Sorry about that! We need to catch up... and since I should be writing a paper right now, I figured this is the best time for me to update the blog!


I was able to travel back to the United States last month. I attended the annual conference for the Organization for the Study of Communication, Language, and Gender in Omaha, Nebraska. I had a great time attending panels and presenting my own paper. It was great to see my colleagues from the States.

After several days in Omaha, I flew to my parents in Austin, Texas. I mostly slept, played with my doggies, and ate (BBQ and Tex-Mex!). It was GREAT!!! After several days in Austin I flew to Philadelphia where my siblings picked me up and we drove to West Virginia for a family (Remke side) reunion. We drove through Reading and saw our old house and school. And, we a stop at Green Dragon! The ice cream is still as good as I remembered!

Here is a picture of us driving across Pennsylvania:





We had a great time in West Virginia visiting with family. The weather was cool, but not too cold, and the trees were in the middle of turning. The color was amazing! Here is a picture of the family with Grandma Remke:

I was very sad to leave the States... my first trip back since moving to Copenhagen. That said, coming back to my flat in Copenhagen felt like coming home. I think that is a really good sign.

No comments:

Contributors